Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2020

President-Elect Biden

So finally after four days following election day, Joe Biden has been declared the winner.  He was not my candidate, but he won.  What a joy it was this afternoon to watch on TV as Americans celebrated in the streets of New York, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Harrisburg, and on and on.   After a very difficult period leading up to the election where so many of us were against the opponent of our candidate, the American people have made a decision.

Tonight listening to Joe Biden speak to the people gathered in a parking lot in Wilmington, Delaware, and to the people of our nation, I was inspired by what Joe Biden said.  I believe he wants to represent and lead all Americans, not just those who elected him.  I pray that this could happen.  

I appreciate the many advances that President Trump made for America.  He did so much for our country. His approach and style were certainly not a way to bring our country together.  Thank you, President Trump for what you did for us.  Now it is time to give those with different beliefs and approaches to governing a chance.

I say again, the exciting thing for me today was seeing Americans celebrating in the streets, peacefully.  We can and should come together, accepting the views of those in the other party and acting as statesmen to work toward what is best for the American people.

We can, we should, we must!  God bless our leaders and God bless America.




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful words, Dave! I pray that many of Trump's supporters will make the effort to feel as you do. I am hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Howard. I respect you and your differing beliefs. Yes, let's hope.

      Delete