Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Raccoons

The masked bandits have been active recently, fishing in our pond.  The took one a week ago, injured another that died the other day, and have been terrorizing our last fish.  I have been baiting a trap for several evenings, and finally caught one of the culprits.  Footprints on the edge of the pond and the pump knocked over showed that it was a family affair.

Here's the fellow I caught before I relocated him.
As I transported him to the countryside, he was making quite a fuss.  When I took the trap out of the car, he was all over the place,  When I opened the trap which I had at a 45 degree angle pointing away from me, he jumped out as if he were shot from a cannon.  Into the woods he went, fortunate for me.  After this, I've decide that my trapping days are over.  I'll use the city services from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment