Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A Cross for a new church in Mobile

In April I received an email about a post from March of 2013 named "Made a Processional Cross".  It was from a young man, Christopher, who is part of a small Anglican church plant of Church of the Apostles in downtown Mobile, Alabama.  They needed a processional cross, so I agreed to make one for them.  What a joy to be asked!  I made it from mesquite as I did in 2013 in the same basic style. 
Finished - in our backyard
You may follow the progression from slab to finished cross in Mobile at this link.  Most of the crosses I make are 2 or 3 inches tall, and I now have made and given away almost 1800.  I feel very fortunate to have this calling.
the slab of mesquite

Rev. Blake Johnson and Christopher Brinson

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, again Dave! This simple and elegant cross seems perfect for our small parish plant. I know it will be a great addition to our Sunday liturgy.

    ReplyDelete